[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker
- Subject: Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker
- From: Doug Hart <doug.hart(at)nospam.please>
- Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 12:39:16 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Western Geophysical, Houston, TX
- References: <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3A811DB6.F5A14CC6@hotmail.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23431
My name is Doug. I live in Golden, Colorado, and work in Denver. My
typical use of IDL is to create some graph for inclusion in a
scientific paper. I don't do to much with it otherwise. IDL is one
of a suite of programs that I use for creating graphical display.
Others include Mathematica, Matlab, and SPLUS.
David, as a lurker I routinely look for your postings in this
Although there is not much I can do to reward you for your work, let me
say that I do appreciate the time you take to post informative messages.
I bought the first edition of your book, IDL Programming Techniques,
primarily based on the quality of your posts to this newsgroup.
Anyway, here is my contribution to your efforts: All, if your are an
occasional user of IDL, in my opinion, the best reference is David
Fanning's book, IDL Programming Techniques.
Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Douglas Hart
doug.hart@(REMOVE)westerngeco.com(ME) -- Remove the obvious to email.