Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker

David Fanning wrote:

Hi, my name is Fred, and I lurk more than I write (and, as you can tell
by this tardy reply, I don't read the
group every day).

I have been a user of IDL since 1981 (on a PDP 11-34). I still use IDL
4.0.1 on a VAX (but not often);
my main machines are an alpha/VMS (5.1.1) and a PC/LINUX (5.3).

I have found many useful tricks, hints, and suggestions in this
newsgroup. This is where I found David
Fanning's book and Craig Markwardt's MPFIT (thanks!).

You can find my contributions to the IDL software at
http://sbast3.ess.sunysb.edu/fwalter/plan.html#SW

To those who have more to share than I, keep up the good work.

I live on Lawnguyland, NY, and my dog is Cosmos.

Fred Walter

Dept of Physics and Astronomy

SUNY

Stony Brook NY 11794-3800