[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker
- Subject: Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker
- From: Fred Walter <fwalter(at)astro.sunysb.edu>
- Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 23:13:26 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: SUNY
- References: <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: fwalter(at)astro.sunysb.edu
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23451
David Fanning wrote:
Hi, my name is Fred, and I lurk more than I write (and, as you can tell
by this tardy reply, I don't read the
group every day).
I have been a user of IDL since 1981 (on a PDP 11-34). I still use IDL
4.0.1 on a VAX (but not often);
my main machines are an alpha/VMS (5.1.1) and a PC/LINUX (5.3).
I have found many useful tricks, hints, and suggestions in this
newsgroup. This is where I found David
Fanning's book and Craig Markwardt's MPFIT (thanks!).
You can find my contributions to the IDL software at
To those who have more to share than I, keep up the good work.
I live on Lawnguyland, NY, and my dog is Cosmos.
Dept of Physics and Astronomy
Stony Brook NY 11794-3800