Re: Serial Port access

Hmmm - well I don't have anything attached on my com ports, but I've
managed to write to my printer port (LPT1:) with the following code and get
a page out of the printer.

As for using READU, you'll probably have to create a small string to start
with so IDL knows when to stop reading (as in the online help example).

Hope this helps,

Justin

IDL> print, !version
{ x86 Win32 Windows 5.3.1 Feb 23 2000}

PRO test_print

	OPENW, u, "LPT1:", /GET_LUN

    	;Create some text, followed by form feed
	txt = "Testing from IDL" + (STRING(12B))[0]

	WRITEU, u, txt

	FLUSH, u

	HELP, FSTAT(u), /str ;Show debug info

	FREE_LUN, u ;Close and free lun