[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Typing in a widget_text crashes my C program!
- Subject: Typing in a widget_text crashes my C program!
- From: Jason Weiss <weiss(at)astro.ucla.edu>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:27:56 -0800
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of California, Los Angeles
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23506
Been using IDL (currently 5.4) for a while now, but I've come across a
unexpected problem that has left me frustrated. We are using some
C-code to drive some electronics through a PCI card on our Sun Ultra
10. During readout of our electronics, I noticed it would
intermittently crash. After weeks of mysterious crashes, I discovered
the program crashes when I type into a widget_text box!
Any ideas why? What happens, on a system level, when a user types into
a widget_text? What would cause this (or any) kind of interaction
between IDL and C?
The C code is not called by IDL but rather running in a separate shell.
The solution to my problem would no doubt require a change to either my
system setting or my C-code, since it is desirable that the C-code could
run regardless of any IDL processes running concurrently.
"Pull against the tide, and you pull against the gradient,
Woven with era, we belong to the ages."
-- Trash Can Sinatras, "Orange Fell"