Re: Typing in a widget_text crashes my C program!

Actually, I'm experiencing these problems with no event handling.  I've been
able to reproduce the crash with the following simple code:

  pro make_it_crash

    base=widget_base(/col)
    text=widget_text(base, /editable)

    widget_control, base, /realize

  end

Thinking event handling could alleviate the problem, i added

  pro text_event, event

  end

and

    xmanager, 'text', text, /just_reg, /no_block

to my program, and it still crashed...

without you guys knowing the particulars of the C-code or perhaps the PCI
driver, I don't expect a solution.  But info as to what IDL is doing when
you type into a text box would be a good starting point for me...

--
"Pull against the tide, and you pull against the gradient,