[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Typing in a widget_text crashes my C program!
- Subject: Re: Typing in a widget_text crashes my C program!
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:37:05 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <3A889BAC.E5CD1316@astro.ucla.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23507
Jason Weiss writes:
> Been using IDL (currently 5.4) for a while now, but I've come across a
> unexpected problem that has left me frustrated. We are using some
> C-code to drive some electronics through a PCI card on our Sun Ultra
> 10. During readout of our electronics, I noticed it would
> intermittently crash. After weeks of mysterious crashes, I discovered
> the program crashes when I type into a widget_text box!
> Any ideas why? What happens, on a system level, when a user types into
> a widget_text? What would cause this (or any) kind of interaction
> between IDL and C?
Poorly written or misunderstood event handling?
Just guessing. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155