[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Good text for beginners?
- Subject: Good text for beginners?
- From: "Dan Drew" <ddrew(at)new.rr.com>
- Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:55:12 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23566
I'm trying to learn IDL 5.2 for Windows and I'm a beginner, and have
discovered quickly that this is no easy language. I used Mathematica quite
a bit as well as a little Macsyma. Do any of you have a recommendation for
a beginning text? I suppose the Fanning book would be the natural choice,
but I'm not sure. Thanks.