[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Clsuter analysis wiht IDL
- Subject: Clsuter analysis wiht IDL
- From: dw(at)isva.dtu.dk (Dorthe Wildenschild)
- Date: 23 Feb 2001 16:09:30 +0100
- Mail-From: firstname.lastname@example.org from mail.isva.dtu.dk [188.8.131.52]
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23627
I am trying to use the cluster analysis utility in IDL, and I can't work it
out. Perhaps due to my lack of knowledge in the statistical field.....
I have a 2D-image (658x658) with a single band of info (CT x-ray
intentities) that I want to classify (into three classes) using cluster
analysis. I assume I have to use the CLUST_WTS function first and then the
CLUSTER function, but I can't work it out.
The on-line help isn't very helpful on this topic....
If I use
weights = clust_wts(image, n_clusters=3), with image= intarr(658x658) I get
alot of floating errors.
Do I need to reform the image to (658x658,1) before using the clust_wts
function? Doesn't seem to work either, though. Also how do I get the
cluster numbers back as an overlay of my image? so that I can actually see
the result of the classification.
Has anybody worked on cluster analysis using IDL?
Thanks for any help!
Posted from mail.isva.dtu.dk [184.108.40.206]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG