Faster alternative to ISOSURFACE

I have implemented an alternative to IDL's ISOSURFACE routine:

KB_ISOSURFACE, volume, seedpoint, outverts [, /ISOVALUE, /DECIMATE,
	MAX_MERGE = value, PERCENT_VERTICES = value]

I felt the need for a number of reasons:
- I need to be able to extract an isosurface passing through a specific
point
in the volume.
- I needed simplified/decimated isosurfaces that contain very few triangles.
(Running MESH_DECIMATE as a post-process didn't give me good results, and
for
some large data, took too long.)
- I wanted a faster routine, even if it meant foregoing some of the extra
detail that ISOSURFACE's marching tetrahedra might provide. KB_ISOSURFACE
often runs about 100 times faster on my data(2-16 Mb).

For what it is worth, anyone who might find my routine useful, can
get it at:
http://members.tripod.com/~clunis_immensus/software/idl/iso.html

cheers,

Karthik Balasubramaniam