Re: Registering CT and MRI volumes

Karthik,
	One "standard" algorithm is Roger Wood's AIR:

http://bishopw.loni.ucla.edu/AIR3/index.html

	Many of the more popular (particularly functional)
imaging apps use variants of this approach.  I have not
seen it coded in .PRO yet (it actually could be done fairly
efficiently), but the technique is very straight-forward
and reasonably robust for small corrections. The functional
imaging group I work with has had good results with it.
I have been thinking about a writing a DLM for it, but I was
waiting until the next release which I hope will allow
real-time use of the algorithm.  My application is real-time
fMRI.  We use IDL (augmented with a lot of DLMs):

Smyser C, Grabowski RJ, Frank RJ, Haller JW, Blinger L,
"Real-time multiple linear regression for fMRI supported by
time-aware acquisition and processing", Magnetic Resonance
in Medicine, Volume 45, Issue 2, 2001, pp. 289-298.

Not exactly what you were asking for, I hope you find
some of it useful.

BTW: on your KB_ISOSURFACE, might I suggest adding a DLM
to compute an  "optimal" complete seed set for a given
dataset?  The combination of that and your KB_ISOSURFACE
would yield a complete, high-performance replacement for
the existing IDL DLM.  I use a variant of this myself for
N-D isocontouring.  A good reference might be:

Bajaj CL, Pascucci V, Schikore DR,"Fast Isocontouring For
Improved Interactivity", 1996 Volume Visualization Symposium,
ISBN 0-89791-741-3, pp.39-46

Apologies for my long-winded response.  Those of you who
know me, know I can not help it...