Re: printing floats/integer

Sean Heukels wrote:

> I wrote a small module for integers. The variable is formatted and returned.
>
> "1         " returns as "1"
>
> Now this doesn't work with floats. for example if I want to print "1.22221"
> dont want to see it as "1.222221000000000000000" or
> "1.222222                  "
>
> Does anyone know how I can solve this ??
>
> Greets Sean

We have a tool in our library which may be the one you are looking for:

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_source/idl_html/dbase/download/number_format.tar.gz

Or take this routine to find the format which was used:

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_source/idl_html/dbase/download/find_form.tar.gz

For further routines and licensing please look at
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

regards
Reimar

--
Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Jülich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html