Re: frustrated by hdf_sd_adddata

yah david,

this is the microsoft service model right? software modules that fail require system restart.

sorry to be negative. your point is well taken. practically speaking restarting the idl session sure does fix a lot of problems during development.

thanks everyone for the comments,

george

David Fanning wrote:

Pavel A. Romashkin (pavel.romashkin@noaa.gov) writes:

> They recommend to always try to reproduce a problem after a complete IDL restart.

They don't just recommend it. If they are any good they
require it. When I was a technical support engineer we
found that 80% of the calls could be solved just by this
one simple procedure.

But I find I still forget to use it 75% of the time when
I'm trying to figure out my own stupid mistakes. :-(

George McCabe (CUofA)
NASA / Goddard Space Flight Center / Code 693
Building 2, Room 151 / Greenbelt, MD 20771
voice: (301)286-8283, fax: (301)286-0212
george.mccabe@gsfc.nasa.gov