[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: can dos or windows application be called by IDL?
- Subject: Re: can dos or windows application be called by IDL?
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:24:24 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24025
web (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> I sometimes need to call dos command or dos .exe(generated by fortran
> compiler). Can I do it in IDL? You know it is faster to compute by Fortran.
> For example, if I would like to run "abc.exe", how can I do in IDL?
The easiest way is to use the SPAWN command.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155