[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: BETTER FONTS
- From: "Mark Chan" <chanm(at)cadvision.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:01:27 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CADVision/PSINet
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24026
plot,x,y,title='Some Text Here'
IDL will use a default font for plotting.
The fonts on the plot looks ok (not the best) on the computer screen. But
when the plot (e.g. saved in some format suitable for display) is projected
using a LCD on to a wall sized screen (e.g. 5' by 7'), the fonts doesn't
look too satisfying. The display from programs like PowerPoint, Words or
Excel looks much better with LCD projection.
Any suggestion on how to make IDL fonts comparable to those from PowerPoint
when using a LCD? Which font will produce better result than the default?