Re: skips while reading tab delimited data

Christophe Fraser wrote:

> I use exactly the same code and the same data. But I've never has this
> problem before either. The data is generated from some C Code, so it
> shouldn't have hidden Windows symbols in it. But as it doesn't occur in 5.4,
> I guess I should just stick to that.
> Cheers,    Christophe

How did you read, tell us a bit more!

Did you something like:

header=make_array(/string,1)
values=make_array(/float,5,10)

openr,lun,file,/get_lun
readf,lun,header
readf,lun,values
free_lun,/lun

I have never seen such a problem as you described.

regards

Reimar

--
Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Jülich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html