[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
6-1-75-6 W5M --> LOCAL GRID
- Subject: 6-1-75-6 W5M --> LOCAL GRID
- From: "Mark Chan" <chanm(at)cadvision.com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:23:22 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CADVision/PSINet
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24129
Point A @ 6-1-75-6 W5M (Take this to be the origin. Some where in Canada).
Point B @ 1-1-75-6 W5M
Point C @ 16-1-75-6 W5M
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED:
What is the distance between A and B?
Ans: B is 5 miles east of A.
What is the distance between A and C?
Ans: sqrt(5^2+5^2). C is NE of A.
Etc. calculation like these.
QUESTION FOR IDL EXPERTS:
Is there a public domain IDL routine to do the conversion between the land
system above to local coordinate?
Thanks in advance,