Truncated save file?

does anyone know what a truncated save file is?  I've just spent a couple
of weeks doing a Monte Carlo simulation, I'd hate to lose the data...

% RESTORE: Portable (XDR) SAVE/RESTORE file.
% RESTORE: Save file written by src@zudata1.star.ucl.ac.uk, Wed Mar 28
           13:15:13 2001.
% RESTORE: IDL version 5.3 (linux, x86).
% RESTORE: Truncated save file, restored as much as possible:
           /stuart/src/monty/zudata1_4472_mc.sav.

cheers,

telephone: +44 (0)20  7679 3483
home page: http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~src/

Please e-mail me in plain text ONLY: MS Word, html, etc,
are automatically sent to /dev/null (i.e. deleted).