Re: Truncated save file?

Stuart Colley wrote:

> does anyone know what a truncated save file is?  I've just spent a couple
> of weeks doing a Monte Carlo simulation, I'd hate to lose the data...
>
> % RESTORE: Portable (XDR) SAVE/RESTORE file.
> % RESTORE: Save file written by src@zudata1.star.ucl.ac.uk, Wed Mar 28
>            13:15:13 2001.
> % RESTORE: IDL version 5.3 (linux, x86).
> % RESTORE: Truncated save file, restored as much as possible:
>            /stuart/src/monty/zudata1_4472_mc.sav.
>
> cheers,

I know this problem too.

May be you will have a chance by Craigs cm_restore to restore a part
of your data.

http://cow.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/idl.html  (under Save Files)

I got this failure often if my server has to much NFS traffic.

regards

Reimar

--
Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Jülich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html