Re: Truncated save file?

I have encountered it on linux while saving large datasets (v5.3).
got around it by manically trying various combinations of

	save,/compress
	save,/variables,/compress
	save,/variables

while deleting the existing save file in another window, and
verifying that the save file was restorable in yet another
window.

At some point IDL (or whatever malevolent entity it is that
is watching) gives up and lets you write an untruncated file.

good luck,
vinay

kashyap@head-cfa.harvard.edu         617 495 7173 [CfA/P-146] 617 496 7173 [F]