[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Optimized IDL machines and license question
- Subject: Re: Optimized IDL machines and license question
- From: Paul Woodford <woodford(at)us.net>
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:13:06 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: OneNet Communications News Hub
- References: <3AC26738.62ED105F@jhuapl.edu>
- User-Agent: MT-NewsWatcher/3.0 (PPC)
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24242
In article <3AC26738.62ED105F@jhuapl.edu>, "Noam R. Izenberg"
> Does IDL run better (more stability, efficiency) on otherwise equal
> Wintel, unix (linux, etc), macs, or does it matter?
I run IDL on Wintel, Linux/Intel, and Macs. Linux/Intel is by far the
most stable. I like the Mac interface best.
> Will IDL be carbonized to Max OS X, and when?
Even better - IDL will be rewritten as a native Cocoa application. No
mention of when, however. See:
I am looking forward to unix stability with a Mac interface.