Re: Optimized IDL machines and license question

In article <3AC26738.62ED105F@jhuapl.edu>, "Noam R. Izenberg"
<noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> Does IDL run better (more stability, efficiency) on otherwise equal
> Wintel, unix (linux, etc), macs, or does it matter?

I run IDL on Wintel, Linux/Intel, and Macs.  Linux/Intel is by far the
most stable.  I like the Mac interface best.

> Will IDL be carbonized to Max OS X, and when?

Even better - IDL will be rewritten as a native Cocoa application.  No
mention of when, however.  See:

http://www.rsinc.com/pr/detail.cfm?PressReleaseID=48

I am looking forward to unix stability with a Mac interface.

Paul