Re: sec : U Re: MPI_Plot Was: Something else

davidf@dfanning.com (David Fanning) wrote:
> Andrew Cool (andrew.cool@dsto.defence.gov.au) writes:
>
> > > I announced earlier today that Martin and I were making
> > > our program MPI_PLOT available to help users get their
> > > plots configured to their liking. The software was not
> > > out there for 10 minutes before the whini... excuse me,
> > > before the comments started coming in. Thank you. :-)
> > >
> > >    http://www.dfanning.com/programs/mpi_plot.zip
> > >

> >   Nifty!
>
> What!? It runs on VMS. Praise be Allah!

Well - almost anyway ;-)  Actually, I think the problem is more likely
to be related to my 8-bit display than to VMS.  When I click on the
axis color box, I get a complaint about a missing SADDLE BROWN color
and the axes turn white (ie disappear).  When I select a new color,
the axis reappear with that color but all 3 color boxes in the "Plot
options" widget turn the axis color.  I can continue to manipulate the
colors independently, except that the 3 boxes always show the axis color.

If I say "mpi_plot,color='green'", then when I click on the modify button
the axes change from green to the data color (navy by default).  If I
then change the data color, the axes (and color boxes) revert back to
green.

Nevertheless, "nifty" seems an appropriate comment.

Dave
Dave Greenwood                Email: Greenwoodde@ORNL.GOV
Oak Ridge National Lab        %STD-W-DISCLAIMER, I only speak for myself