Re: Cant find functions in lib

Dominik wrote:

> Helle there,
>
> I am using IDL for imaging in Nuklear Medicine. We wrote a big library
> (NukMed.pro) with some functions and dont wont to compile it each time. So
> we thought to put it in the lib directory of IDL, where IDL itself puts all
> its *.pro.
> But when we try to use it, IDL doesnt find the functions we used the whole
> time. Do I have to precompile it or to sign up in a special list for all
> *.pro files?

My solution to this is not to create a library *file* (like NukMed.pro) with all the
goodies but a library *directory* (like ~/pvandelst/idl/NukMed) which contains all the
_separate_ files. The directory, which is beneath the idl directory, is then automagically
added to my IDL_PATH environment variable because I do a: export
IDL_PATH=$IDL_PATH:+\${HOME}/idl

Anything below ${HOME}/idl is tacked on the end of the path.

paulv

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;