[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Launching IDL App. From Icon
- Subject: Re: Launching IDL App. From Icon
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:13:52 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24686
Aaron Birenboim (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> have developed an IDL application for a customer who
> has FULL IDL licenses.
> However, the users of this application will not know IDL.
> (Several people using the same computer, what a concept!)
> How can I get a pretty icon on the desktop to launch my app
> from the desktop?
> I don't want the "common" usert to be able to tell that
> my App is in IDL. Just click on an icon, and a GUI
> pops up, just liek everything else on Windoze.
> Can this be done?
> In UNIX, I'd write a script to launch command-line IDL and
> run my app. But they took out command line support under WIN32
Here is an article that explains the process on Windoze:
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155