[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
IDL Save file query routine
- Subject: IDL Save file query routine
- From: Jonathan Joseph <jj21(at)cornell.edu>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:08:43 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Cornell University
- Sender: verified_for_usenet(at)cornell.edu (jj21 on scorpio.tn.cornell.edu)
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24693
IDL (I'm still using 5.3) has nice query routines to let you know if the
image read operation you are about to perform is likely to work.
Is there any way to query an IDL save file?
I want to idiot-proof a program which will restore
a save file that a user selects, but if the program tries
to restore file which is not an IDL save file, it will halt.
Is there a way to test?