[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Reading .xls files
- Subject: Re: Reading .xls files
- From: "Liam E. Gumley" <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 11:12:32 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Space Science and Engineering Center, UW-Madison
- References: <3AF2D133.A0892F40@fsl.noaa.gov>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24809
Andy Loughe wrote:
> Has anyone figured a way to use IDL for reading Excel spreadsheet data?
> If so, would you be willing to share your knowledge?
If you save the spreadsheet in SYLK format, you might have some luck
with READ_SYLK. The simpler the spreadsheet, the higher your chances of
The alternative is to save your spreadsheet data in CSV (comma separated
value) format, and then read it in IDL as an ASCII data file.