[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Chopping up a string
- Subject: Chopping up a string
- From: "Noam R. Izenberg" <noam.izenberg(at)jhuapl.edu>
- Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 11:41:58 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: JHU/APL
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24881
I have a question about chopping up a string of numbers into seperate inter variables.
I have a set of 5 numbers in a string seprated by spaces (e.g.string= '0 1 2 3 4'), and i need to
chop them into seperate integer variables (var1=0, var2=1 etc...) I would use the various strmid
commends exept the size of the numbers is not always the same. Sometimes one or more of the numbers
will be 2 or more digits. (e.g. '14 14 256 5 2').
Is there any neat trick to doing this?