Re: Array has a corrupted descriptor

William Thompson wrote:

> Reimar Bauer <r.bauer@fz-juelich.de> writes:
>
> >Hi,
>
> >I got an error sometimes in one of my routines only on AIX.
>
> >-- IDL> help,!version,/str
> >** Structure !VERSION, 7 tags, length=44:
> >   ARCH            STRING    'ibmr2'
> >   OS              STRING    'AIX'
> >   OS_FAMILY       STRING    'unix'
> >   RELEASE         STRING    '5.4.1'
> >   BUILD_DATE      STRING    'Jan 16 2001'
> >   MEMORY_BITS     INT             32
> >   FILE_OFFSET_BITS
> >                   INT       =       32
>
> >The same routine works on linux and windows.
>
> >The error text is:
> >% Array has a corrupted descriptor: VAR
>
> >the calling sequence is something like this
>
> >var=function(x)
>
> >First I like to know what's this error is meaning.
>
> >It seems to me that's the RETURN statement won't work.
>
> >The result value of my function is good.
>
> >If it reachs the calling level of the function I got
> >this error.
>
> I suspect that the function is calling external code via something like
> CALL_EXTERNAL or LINKIMAGE.  I've gotten error messages like that in the past
> when mixing IDL with external code.

In some of the functions is EXECUTE used (it's not easy to change them
call_function at them moement). CALL_EXTERNAL or LINKIMAGE isn't used.
Do you believe EXECUTE will be give this error too ?

--
Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html

read something about linux / windows
http://www.suse.de/de/news/hotnews/MS.html