Re: Array has a corrupted descriptor

Reimar Bauer <r.bauer@fz-juelich.de> writes:

> William Thompson wrote:
> >
> > Reimar Bauer <r.bauer@fz-juelich.de> writes:
[...]
> > >The error text is:
> > >% Array has a corrupted descriptor: VAR
[...]

> > I suspect that the function is calling external code via something like
> > CALL_EXTERNAL or LINKIMAGE.  I've gotten error messages like that in
> > the past
> > when mixing IDL with external code.

> In some of the functions is EXECUTE used (it's not easy to change them
> call_function at them moement). CALL_EXTERNAL or LINKIMAGE isn't used.
> Do you believe EXECUTE will be give this error too ?

I seem to remember that there was a bug in HISTOGRAM that could
occasionally give such error messages.. Don't remember which IDL
version (nor in what version the problem was fixed).

Are you able to pin down a repeatable case that will trigger the
error? Does your routine call other routines that have
call_external/linkimage/dlm code?

Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan
ESA SOHO SOC/European Space Agency Science Operations Coordinator for SOHO

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center,      Email: shaugan@esa.nascom.nasa.gov
Mail Code 682.3, Bld. 26,  Room G-1,   Tel.:  1-301-286-9028/240-354-6066
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771, USA.	       Fax:   1-301-286-0264