Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan wrote:

> Reimar Bauer <r.bauer@fz-juelich.de> writes:
>
> > William Thompson wrote:
> > >
> > > Reimar Bauer <r.bauer@fz-juelich.de> writes:
> [...]
> [...]
>
> > > I suspect that the function is calling external code via something like
> > > CALL_EXTERNAL or LINKIMAGE.  I've gotten error messages like that in
> > > the past
> > > when mixing IDL with external code.
>

> > In some of the functions is EXECUTE used (it's not easy to change them
> > call_function at them moement). CALL_EXTERNAL or LINKIMAGE isn't used.
> > Do you believe EXECUTE will be give this error too ?
>
> I seem to remember that there was a bug in HISTOGRAM that could
> occasionally give such error messages.. Don't remember which IDL
> version (nor in what version the problem was fixed).
>
> Are you able to pin down a repeatable case that will trigger the
> error?

I hope I am able to build a smaller example, the one I have at the
moment
uses a lot of routines.

>Does your routine call other routines that have
> call_external/linkimage/dlm code?

If it's possible to exclude dlms by storing only data to sav files
I have excluded already the ncdf dlm.

I am not able to remove the execute on the third or fourth level
routines at the moment. This is planned.

regards

Reimar

> --
> Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan
> ESA SOHO SOC/European Space Agency Science Operations Coordinator for SOHO
>
> NASA Goddard Space Flight Center,      Email: shaugan@esa.nascom.nasa.gov
> Mail Code 682.3, Bld. 26,  Room G-1,   Tel.:  1-301-286-9028/240-354-6066
> Greenbelt, Maryland 20771, USA.        Fax:   1-301-286-0264

Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Jülich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html