[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Writing display as jpeg
- Subject: Re: Writing display as jpeg
- From: Ben Tupper <btupper(at)bigelow.org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:29:42 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- References: <3B267DC0.CC82BB43@csee.usf.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25328
You might try to use TVRead from David Fanning's website. It handles
all of the subtle issues regarding display depth, etc. I think he has
written in an additional bit of code for saving the image in different
formats. Liam Gumley has a similar program called SaveImage (you can
get it through David's annotate links page.)
Alok Nagdev wrote:
> I'm stuck on a very simple problem. I need to read an image from the
> display and write as a jpeg, I get it written but then the image is very
> much distorted. Please advise.
> I'm reading the display using TVRD() and writing it as true color! Also
> I load the color tables before I read it as true color image.
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
180 McKown Point Rd.
W. Boothbay Harbor, ME 04575