[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Map point
- Subject: Re: Map point
- From: Ben Tupper <btupper(at)bigelow.org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:37:45 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25369
> and now I want to have a point or a cross in the place of some
> important spot like (42.938,-0.6)
The Map_Set procedure has set up the coordinate conversions for you.
Now simply plot a point with the PLOTS command:
PlotS, -0.06, 42.938, PSYM = 1, ....
> Also I have a 2d array with value of concentration that I want to plot
> on the map and the array have the same (lat-lon) dimension of the map,
> how can I do it?
You have a couple of choices, you could contour the array (CONTOUR
command) or use Map_Patch (or Map_Image to warp the image properly to
your projection then use TV (or TVImage or ImDisp, etc.) to display it
on you 'map'.
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
180 McKown Point Rd.
W. Boothbay Harbor, ME 04575