Re: contour boundaries

Funny,  I have had the same problem with the Gulf of Maine!  The GOM's
long axis runs NE-SW but the data coords are NW and EW.  It's a diamond
hole and square peg problem. My solution is to prevent the data from
being displayed by capturing it in the PATH_XY and PATH_INFO keywords.

CONTOUR, Data, Path_XY = XY, Path_INFO = Info, /Path_Data_Coords, Levels
= [...]

Then filter the XY values by location (I don't recall what parameters I
used; might have been a straight line running along the coast.)  Use the
PLOTS command to then display the contour.   You will lose the contour
labeling when you do it this way.  You can use linestyle/color to
distinguish different contours.

Ben

--
Ben Tupper