[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
pickdata and select again....
- Subject: pickdata and select again....
- From: "Richard Tyc" <richt(at)sbrc.umanitoba.ca>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:09:11 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Manitoba
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25423
OK, I am at this problem again with a little more understanding and more
time to look for solutions.
I think I understand the use of select (isolate which objects you have
selected) and pickdata (get xyz data of object based on screen location and
zbuffer data). I did look at Randall Frank's solution of using mask objects
at key locations (eq. end of a line) to force selection and not rely on xyz
data from pickdata.
But I want to do more...
Q. Is there a way to select anywhere on a texture mapped IDLgrPolygon object
to retrieve a 3D location of the current mouse position ? pickdata seems to
choke on this providing unrealistic xyz data. Am I asking for too much ?