Re: pickdata and select again....

From: "Richard Tyc" <richt@sbrc.umanitoba.ca>

> Q. Is there a way to select anywhere on a texture mapped IDLgrPolygon
object
> to retrieve a 3D location of the current mouse position ?  pickdata seems
> choke on this providing unrealistic xyz data.  Am I asking for too much ?

Hmmm...it works for me. That is, I just ran one of my example programs with
various implementations of a coloured surface (multi-cell IDLgrPolygon,
multi-cell IDLgrSurface, single-cell IDLgrPolygon with texture-map image)
and Pickdata seems to report reasonable (x,y,z) data on all of them.

You should expect the same results with the texture-map in place as without.

What specifically is the problem?

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research

--
Posted from clam.niwa.cri.nz [202.36.29.1]