Re: clever trick for reading .mat

Craig Markwardt wrote:

> Wendy Ermold <wermold@apl.washington.edu> writes:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I would really love it if someone out there has an idl script for
> > reading matlab created .MAT files. I understand that matlab doesn't want
> > us to know how to do this, but I bet someone out there has managed it.
> > Your help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> I haven't heard of such a thing for IDL.

It does exist. I have an old copy of loat_mat_data.pro written by Nigel Wade, Space Plasma
Physics Group, Leicester University. He's a regular poster here so he'll see the message
once the sun rises in ol' blighty. :o)

paulv

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;