[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
angles from rotation matrix
- Subject: angles from rotation matrix
- From: Marc Schellens <m_schellens(at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:16:21 +0900
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: RIKEN
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25605
Is there a function in IDL to get the
rotation angles from a given rotation matrix
(in order first X than Y than Z (or arbitrary order))?
Another problem I have is to find the rotation
matrix to rotate two pointsets (Xi and Xii)
so that the distance betweent the corresponding
points of the set is minimized.
I have a algorithm using SVDC,
but wonder if IDL provides also another
solution for this.