Re: Magnetic Local Time

In article <Pine.LNX.4.33.0107101249520.4805-100000@snoe.colorado.edu>, Ken Mankoff <mankoff@lasp.colorado.edu> writes:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for help calculating Magnetic Local Time. I have experience
> with magnetic lat/lon coordinate systems (specifically, CGM), but not MLT.
> If anyone can give me some assistance, code, URL's or other resources, I
> would be grateful.
>
> Thanks,
>   -k.

I have a DLM for UNIX which implements IGRF and the NSSCDC GEOCGM library.
One of the parameters caclulated by GEOCGM is the UT of MLT midnight.

See http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/space/cgm/cgm.html for details.

If you are interested I could probably package this up for you with some
basic installation instructions.

E-mail :    nmw@ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523568, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555