Re: Am I stupid?

Mark Hadfield writes:

> > I would be *extremely* happy if absolutely NO
> > keyword abbreviations were allowed.
>
> You must admit they are handy at the command line.

Alright, I'll concede they are handy at the command
line. But as long as we are talking totally unrealistic
expectations anyway, why not offer command completion
at the IDL command line? That way those of us who
haven't spent half our lives learning the secret runes
of the EMACS editor would have something cool to play
with, too.

But I think anyone who abbreviates keywords in code
should be shocked as soon as his/her figures touch
the compile button. And I think the compiler should
barf all over him/her too. :-)