Re: read input from a widget

From: "Dominik Paul" <dpaul@ukl.uni-freiburg.de>
> we would like read a string from the user. But this is not possible in the
> runtime version (its possible under unix, ok, but unfortunately not under
> windows.
>
> So we are searching for a widget component to enter some text.
>
> Does somebody know such a component?

WIDGET_TEXT.

Do you know how to wrap a text widget in a routine/object to pass the
information you want back to the caller? If not I suggest you read a good
book on IDL programming...

http://www.dfanning.com/documents/books.html

If you want a quick & dirty solution you could use XDISPLAYFILE with a
temporary file.

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research

--
Posted from clam.niwa.cri.nz [202.36.29.1]