[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: read input from a widget
- Subject: Re: read input from a widget
- From: m.hadfield(at)niwa.cri.nz (Mark Hadfield)
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 21:41:20 +0000 (UTC)
- Mail-From: <email@example.com> from clam.niwa.cri.nz [184.108.40.206]
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25679
From: "Dominik Paul" <email@example.com>
> we would like read a string from the user. But this is not possible in the
> runtime version (its possible under unix, ok, but unfortunately not under
> So we are searching for a widget component to enter some text.
> Does somebody know such a component?
Do you know how to wrap a text widget in a routine/object to pass the
information you want back to the caller? If not I suggest you read a good
book on IDL programming...
If you want a quick & dirty solution you could use XDISPLAYFILE with a
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
Posted from clam.niwa.cri.nz [220.127.116.11]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG