Re: Re: read input from a widget

From: "Dominik Paul" <dpaul@ukl.uni-freiburg.de>
> we would like read a string from the user. But this is not possible in the
> runtime version (its possible under unix, ok, but unfortunately not under
> windows.
>
> So we are searching for a widget component to enter some text.

I have written a simple text-entry widget application based on my
MGH_GUI_Base class. You can get it, along with the rest of my public IDL
library at

http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/gust/software/idl/

The text-entry class itself is called MGH_GUI_SetText. Here is code that you
would use to create an MGH_GUI_SetText object in blocking mode and get data
from it when it exits:

    odlg = obj_new('MGH_GUI_SetText', /BLOCK)

    odlg->Manage

    odlg->GetProperty, STATUS=status, VALUE=value

    case status of
        0: print, 'Cancelled'
        1: begin
            print, 'Widget returned', value
        end
    endcase

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research

--
Posted from clam.niwa.cri.nz [202.36.29.1]