Re: FAQ?

Marshall Perrin wrote:

> Does this group have an up-to-date FAQ, and if so, where? Searching for
> IDL FAQ on Google just returns various FAQs from the early to mid 90s.
> There's gotta be something more recent out there, right? Thanks.
>
>  - Marshall

I believe the most recent FAQ is at
http://www.ivsoftware.com/fom/IDL/public/fom-serve/cache/1.html

which seems to have been most recently updated around June 2000.    Still,
for FAQ about IDL programming, my first stop would be David Fanning's
"IDL Programming Tips & Tricks" page at
http://www.dfanning.com/documents/tips.html and my second stop would be to
check the comp.lang.idl-pvwave archives on Google.    My third stop would
be to check the IDL Tech Tips page at
http://www.rsinc.com/services/prodspec.cfm?product=ID . Eventually, I
might check an IDL Library search page, such as the one at
http://www.astro.washington.edu/deutsch/idl/htmlhelp/index.html  , and
then an annotated list of IDL libraries such as the one I keep at
http://idlastro.gsfc.nasa.gov/other_url.html

--Wayne
Landsman
landsman@mpb.gsfc.nasa.gov