Carriage Returns in IDL Text Widget

Hello:

I've searched through Google groups and seen this question asked a
number of times, but I haven't seen an answer anywhere and I'm hoping
someone out there can help me. I have a Text Widget and want to write
some info to it. I can't seem to send it a carriage return, so all of
the text winds up on one line and out of the space supplied by the
widget.

Here's the widget definition (I've also tried it with the /WRAP keyword
and have had the same problem).

  WID_TEXT_FILEPROPS = Widget_Text(WID_BASE_LEFT,  $
      UNAME='WID_TEXT_FILEPROPS' ,XOFFSET=8 ,YOFFSET=21  $
      ,SCR_XSIZE=168 ,SCR_YSIZE=163 ,XSIZE=20 ,YSIZE=1)

and here's the code I'm using to write to it:

  TextString='File: '+EEGFileName + STRING(13B)+STRING(10B)

  WIDGET_CONTROL,widget_info(Event.top,
FIND_BY_UNAME='WID_TEXT_FILEPROPS'),SET_VALUE=TextString,/APPEND

  TextString="Sampling Rate:
"+STRING(EEGFile.DataBlockSampleRate(0,0))+" Hz"

  WIDGET_CONTROL,widget_info(Event.top,
FIND_BY_UNAME='WID_TEXT_FILEPROPS'),SET_VALUE=TextString,/APPEND

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me crazy!