[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: closing widget window
- Subject: Re: closing widget window
- From: david(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:04:31 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25861
Harry Kao writes:
> I am running IDL 5.4 under Mac os9.1
> Is is possible to put a little square icon on the upper left corner of a
> widget window, like the one on a usual system window, to allow user to
> click on it and close the window?
> Right now, I have to generate a 'quit' icon on every widget window, use
> use the event handler and then "widget_control, event.id, /destroy"
> to close the window. This gets troublesome when I have to open several
> windows at the same time, and this also takes up too much window space.
It has been ages since Apple squandered all their
good will with me, but I can't believe this little
box doesn't come up by default. Are you sure you
are not doing something in your code to prevent it?
Applying the TLB_FRAME_ATTR keyword will prevent these
kinds of things on Windows platforms. I'd look for that
keyword in your code.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155