[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: plots for printing
- Subject: Re: plots for printing
- From: david(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 06:29:54 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25934
Dominik Paul writes:
> I need some plots for my report. And I made these plots with IDL (very good
> programm for visualisation). Than I take screen shots of the pictures and
> used it for printing.
> The result was a wuite bad quality. Does somebody know, how I could do this
> in a better way to get a good resolution for printing (maybe 300 dpi)?
You might try MPI_PLOT. It will allow you to create
simple line plots, with lots of options for visualization.
But it will also allow you to save the file in various
formats, one of which is PostScript. That, of course,
is what you need if you want high-quality output.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155