OnExpose in ActiveX

Hello,

I ran into a problem which I hope someone can give me a hint:

I use the IDLDrawWidget with Visual Basic.
In the IDL-procedure I create a surface with SurfaceShade and PolyShade,
and display this in the IDLDrawWidget.

Because I want to manipulate the image I played around with the
RegisterForEvents to set who is handling the mouse-events
(VB or IDL).

If you set "forward expose events" the image is no longer
displayed?? But the button-processing is perfect.
I guess the expose-event does not reach the IDL and the image
is not actually displayed. I looked for an expose-function to
trgger from VB like the ...->draw.... in object graphics but could
not find it.

Does someone know how this can be done?

Greetings
Bert