Re: bug in IDL's hanning() window-generating function

In article <3B6974E4.CBCC8A96@noaa.gov>,
Paul van Delst  <paul.vandelst@noaa.gov> wrote:
>bennetsc@NOSPAMucs.orst.edu wrote:
>>
>> In article <MPG.15d1a1e0a012bdcd989e44@news.frii.com>,
>> David Fanning <david@dfanning.com> wrote:

>> >Uh, huh. And how did RSI respond when you contacted them
>> >about it?
>> >
>>      I didn't contact them.  I'm disgusted with them after seeing how
>> they cheated my faculty advisor and, when I asked them to rectify
>> their errors, they refused to do so.  I recommended to my advisor that
>> he turn the whole matter over to the university's legal counsel.  He
>> told me that he was not going to renew the service contract any more,
>> so I doubt he will bother with having the legal counsel deal with it,
>> but either way it will be his decision and it's now out of my hands.
>> Given their denial of service while we had a service contract, I doubt
>> they would do any better now that we no longer have a service
>contract.
>
>Oi vey. another future matlab user.... ?  :o)

     Who knows?  It will depend upon which package, if any, my next
employer wants me to use.  I don't even know what my chances are
of ever being involved in time series data analysis work again after
I finish this degree program.  (I suppose, if I can find a suitable
disk drive to replace the one that died on my ancient NeXT, I could
mess around with Mathematica 3.02 at home... :-)

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
                                  College of Oceanic and Atmospheric
					Sciences
                                  Oregon State University
                                  Corvallis, Oregon 97331
* Internet:       sbennett at oce.orst.edu                           *
* "Lay then the axe to the root, and teach governments humanity.     *
* It is their sanguinary punishments which corrupt mankind."         *
*    -- _The_Rights_of_Man_ by Tom Paine (1791.)                     *