[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
3D Object IDL ?
- Subject: 3D Object IDL ?
- From: George Millward <ghm(at)appleonline.net>
- Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 13:26:34 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: blueyonder (post doesn't reflect views of blueyonder)
- User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express Macintosh Edition - 5.01 (1630)
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:26066
I am wanting to generate full 3D output from IDL object scenes. I can do
this offline (i.e., create two different views in which the "eye" is offset
for left and right view). But I want to be able to do all this fully
So my setup would be:
Computer running IDL - output to (maybe) 2 graphics cards - > 2 projectors
(with polarised filters) and then viewed using 3D (polarised glasses).
In practice therefore I need a system for outputting 2 slightly different
images (left and right) of the same scene.
Does anyone know how to do this ? Are 2 graphics cards required or can it be
done with one ?
Thanks in advance for any help.