3D Object IDL ?

Hi there,

I am wanting to generate full 3D output from IDL object scenes.  I can do
this offline (i.e., create two different views in which the "eye" is offset
for left and right view).  But I want to be able to do all this fully
interactively.
So my setup would be:
Computer running IDL - output to (maybe) 2 graphics cards - > 2 projectors
(with polarised filters) and then viewed using 3D (polarised glasses).

In practice therefore I need a system for outputting 2 slightly different
images (left and right) of the same scene.
Does anyone know how to do this ? Are 2 graphics cards required or can it be
done with one ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

George Millward.