[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: polar contours over maps
- Subject: Re: polar contours over maps
- From: ronn kling <ronn(at)rlkling.com>
- Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 19:49:00 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:26071
in article email@example.com, Ann Webber at
firstname.lastname@example.org wrote on 8/7/01 6:14 AM:
> I am trying to plot a set of polar contours over a map. I have used
> the map_set command and have set the map extents using the limit
> keyword. When I come to plot the contours on the map I have been using
> the overplot keyword, but it says that my value of latitude is out of
> range, and the contours do not appear as the should over the map.does
> anyone know why this is happening and what I can do about it?
I suspect that you have the pole included as the limits, correct? Try
recontouring the data without including 90 (or -90 if you are southern
hemisphere). Make the max something like 89, that usually works for me.
I think this behaviour is described in the on-line documentation but I just
looked and couldn't find it.
"Application Development with IDL" programming book updated for IDL5.4!
"Calling C from IDL, Using DLM's to extend your IDL code" NEW BOOK!
Shareware and Freeware at: http://www.rlkling.com/