Re: change widget slider maximum dynamically?

Jason Brookes (jason.brookes@rmsb.u-bordeaux2.fr) writes
(after translation, please turn your HTML code generator
off, Jason!):

> Is it not just a case of using Widget Control's "set_slider_max"
> keyword ? eg:
>
>   WIDGET_CONTROL,(*(*ptr).widget_info_ptr).slider,SET_SLIDER_MAX = new_max_value
>
> Incidentally, the online IDL (5.2) help states that...
> "Note: This keyword does not apply to floating-point sliders created with
> the CW_FSLIDER function."
>
> This is not actually true, it applies equally well
> to floating-point sliders. RSI just haven't got
> round to changing their documentation yet. (I think
> it was David Fanning who pointed this out originally,
> which is why his above response puzzles me a little...
> seems a little long-winded?).

Whoops! Indeed. This is a case if I don't write it
down and make a tip out of it for my web page I
promptly forget it. :-(

P.S. "Old-fashioned" and now "long-winded" in
the same week. I think I'm going to start looking
for other work. Ten plus years with IDL is enough!