[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: At Last! A Subsititute for CW_Field.
- Subject: Re: At Last! A Subsititute for CW_Field.
- From: Ben Tupper <Ben_member(at)newsguy.com>
- Date: 22 Nov 1999 06:26:52 -0800
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Extra Newsguy News Service [http://extra.newsguy.com]
- References: <MPG.email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17438
>As always, I'm interested in testers and suggesters. :-)
This looks great!
I have a specific suggestion regarding the DataType declaration keyword.
I've often wondered why the Type declaration keyword for CW_FIELD is not defined
as an alternative to declaring the data type with a keyword similar to
COYOTE_FIELD DataType keyword. I guess I was thinking that it would nice to be
able to declare the field type on the fly by passing along the TYPE index
(returned by the SIZE function) to CW_FIELD (or COYOTE_FIELD) rather than
specifying "/Float",... Is it possible to have each type of keyword (a string
"DataType" and and integer "Type")competing to define the field type?
Thanks for all the great tools!